Learn as you go with this tour for nature lovers! Start your morning with a guided forest hike led by an experienced naturalist. Then hop in the water for a half-day paddle!
Start Time: 9 a.m.
Duration: 8 hours
Guests: 2-person minimum (ages 6+)
An Intimate Encounter with Alaska’s Unique Sea and Mountain Panorama!
Head out on our half-day kayak trip with the added bonus of an independent hike to a scenic glacier! Start your morning with a beautiful paddle, floating under archways and looking for Alaskan wildlife as you kayak through the St. Augustine waters. Pull up to our yak and trek base camp, perfectly situated for linking up water trails with mountain trailheads. Its central location allows us to offer a large variety of options to people of all abilities. The moderate hiking trail is well-marked and normally in excellent condition. Enjoy amazing views and the magnificent flora and fauna that Homer, Alaska has to offer.
Groups are limited to six per guide. No experience is necessary.
- Guided kayaking
- Water taxi from Homer to our base camp
- Water taxi from our base camp to the glacier trailhead
- Return trip to Homer following your hike
- There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!
- We paddle in the rain so please dress appropriately
- For your safety, height and weight restrictions apply and are enforced (Max. 6’5″ and 240 lbs)